Caddis are one of the most prevalent food sources in many trout streams, so it makes sense to have a few caddis imitations in your box. The Ice Queen Caddis is a great lead fly due to the tungsten bead. We often fish this pattern with a smaller midge or baetis dropper trailed behind. This is a fairly simple pattern to tie, and can be easily adapted to different colors. Tie up a few, you'll be happy you did!
- Hook: Umpqua Competition Hooks CB300BL size 8-14
- Bead: Spirit River Tungsten Bead sized to match hook
- Thread: UTC 70 Denier
- Tail: Antron Yarn
- Abdomen:Hareline Midge Diamond Braid Dun Grey and Chartreuse
- Thorax: Hareline Ice Dubbing Peacock Black
- Ribbing: Ultra Wire Silver BR