The Hot Spot Jig Nymph is a simple tie that has proven itself to be incredibly effective! We like jig patterns because they're heavy, don't get snagged often, and hook up very well on fish. Adjust the materials and colors on this pattern to suit your needs, but the Rainbow Scud Dub version with a pink hot spot seems to do the trick more often than not.
- Hook: Syndicate Jig Hook Black CH400BK size 10-16
- Bead: Slotted Tungsten Bead Nickel or Black Nickel sized to match hook
- Thread: UTC 70 Denier
- Tail: Coq de Leon Fibers
- Abdomen:Hareline Rainbow Scud Dubbing
- Thorax: Hareline Ice Dubbing Hot Pink
- Ribbing: Gold Oval Tinsel