The finest fly rod available under $500
New for 2016, the new PULSE rod by Sage is going to be your day in, day out workhorse fly rod. Double nymph rigs on the Bighorn? No problem. Midge dries on a Black Hills tailwater? Piece of cake. Articulated streamers on the Madison with a sink tip? The PULSE has you covered. The snub-nosed half wells grip gives you a comfortable place to put your hand when you’re driving casts into the wind, and the lichen-colored blank give you eye-catching cosmetics while you’re out on the water.
- Graphite IIIe Technology
- Fast Action
- Olive thread wraps with black trim
- Black nylon rod tube with divided liner
Freshwater 3-6 weights
- Rosewood insert with Gloss Black aluminum uplocking reel seat
- Snub nose, half-wells cork handle
Saltwater 6-8 weights
- Gloss Black anodized aluminum uplocking reel seat
- Full wells cork handle with fighting butt
If you’re looking to upgrade your entry-level fly rod to a great casting, quality fly rod without breaking the bank, the PULSE is your best option in the sub-$500 price range. At $450, the PULSE is a great value, and will get the job done in any conditions that you’re going to encounter. No matter what conditions you encounter, there’s PULSE rod to cover every application.