Sage Fly Rods
Sage Payload Fly Rod
Free Shipping on Orders Over $30
Sage Payload Fly Rod - a rod for fishing Streamers, Sinking Lines, big trout, bass, pike, musky, golden dorado, and peacock bass.
Sage PAYLOAD Rods are made to deliver big flies and heavy lines more effectively. These fast-action rods have a powerful yet comfortable casting action for such occasions.
“The PAYLOAD features a powerful tip to help pick up heavy lines and the strong mid-section transitions to a more forgiving butt to allow a slower and more relaxed casting stroke,” said Peter Knox, Sage R&D design engineer. “The softer butt allows for impressive leverage when fighting fish, and the slightly shorter rod lengths create an ideal lever for more effortless casts.”
This rod family has extra-large components and oversized snake guides to endure a variety of taxing conditions, and the hard-chrome guide surface offers a hard yet smooth coating to increase shooting distance. The large composite cork fighting butt provides comfort while landing hard-fighting species, and the 10-weight model features a 3-inch rear grip for figure-eighting. The 11-weight includes a rear grip and extended handle for “baseball bat” style casting and to gain extra leverage when fighting large fish from a boat.
All model blanks use Konnetic technology and are tannin colored with burgundy and bronze thread and trim wraps. Tangle-free, Fuji ceramic stripper guides compliment the snake guides, and the heavy-duty aluminum, up-locking reel seat withstands rugged environments. A super plus, full-wells work handle adds to the overall aesthetic yet delivers strength and stability for epic battles.
- Tailored for casting large or wind resistant flies
- Increased pick-up of heavy line off the water
- More leverage for fighting powerful fish
- Konnetic Technology
- Tannin blank color
- Burgundy primary thread wraps with Bronze trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Heavy duty aluminum up-locking reel seat to withstand rugged environments
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Cork composite fighting butt with extended 3” rear grip on the 10+ and 11+ sizes
- Brown powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- Warmwater: RIO DirectCore Jungle
- Coldwater: RIO InTouch Striper
- Trout Streamer: RIO StreamerTip
- Pike / Musky: RIO InTouch Pike / Musky
- 689-4: Line: 6+ (Grains: 200 - 230gr) - Trout streamers and light duty bass bugs
- 789-4: Line: 7+ (Grains: 230 - 270gr) - Boogle bugs to large trout streamers
- 889-4: Line: 8+ (Grains: 270 - 320gr) - Minnows, clousers, whistlers, and poppers
- 989-4: Line: 9+ (Grains: 320 - 370gr) - Pike flies, large poppers, and large baitfish
- 1090-4: Line: 10+ (Grains: 370 - 420gr) - Pike flies up to 12”
- 1193-4: Line: 11+ (Grains: 420 - 480gr) - Musky flies 12” +