Orvis Mirage Tippet 30 Meters
Free Shipping on Orders Over $50
Here's what the boys at Orvis have to say about their Mirage Flourocarbon Tippet Material:
Characterisitics: Very strong and nearly invisible in water. Impervious to UV. Slightly stiffer and more abrasion resistant than Super Strong tippet. Fluorocarbon tippet sinks quicker than nylon.
Applications: All fishing conditions where an abrasion-resistant, low-visibility material is needed. Great for leader-shy trout and saltwater species.
- The strongest fluorocarbon material available, stronger than Super Strong nylon in sizes 7X-0X.
- Completely resistant to UV and will not absorb water: Retains abrasion resistance, knot, and tensile strength regardless of exposure to the elements.
- Reformulated Mirage features improved tensile strength and elasticity, making it easier to knot without sacrificing its superior abrasion resistance.
- A refractory index of .09 makes it virtually invisible to fish (Super Strong Nylon has a refractory index 1.53)
- Specific gravity of 1.76. Mirage breaks surface tension quickly.
- Made from PVDF (polyvinylidenfluoride)
- Available in 40-meter stackable spools that snap together. Compatible with Tippet Spool Holder.
- Line retainer on each spool.