Epic Fly Rods - Swift Fly Fishing Company
Epic Fiberglass 888 8wt Salsa
Free Shipping on Orders Over $30
Epic Fiberglass 888 8wt Salsa - ON Sale to make room for new S2 Zentron Blanks!
The mighty 888 was designed specifically for chasing Bonefish but is just at home wrangling large freshwater species like Carp, Pike and monster Muskie too. Given there’s not a flat where the wind doesn’t blow we’ve given the 888 an extra powerful butt section, strong tip and fast recovery rate to help punch a line out into those skinny water breezes.
The easy casting soul and incredible strength of S2 FastGlass™
S2 FastGlass™ - not your papa’s fiberglass fly rod.
Epic™ blanks are made to exacting standards using a proprietary Unidirectional S2-glass composite. Unlike other fiberglass fly rods, this material features a fully unidirectional fibre layup which aligns fibres longitudinally along the blank where they are most needed. This recipe, rolled to our Epic tapers combine silky smooth loading with trophy pulling power that we call FastGlass™. The result is an incredibly strong, light and powerful tube with a crisp, precise response.
Each Epic fly rod features:
- FastGlass™ fly rod blank with internally reenforced ferule system
- High quality fiberglass rod tube in satin black
- Premium hand sewn rod sock.
- cleaning cloth.
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip.
- Full cork fighting butt with composite cork end (no cheap close cell foam)
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Premium quality Titanium stripper guides.
Our signature Epic Ghost Wraps in premium Japanese silk with fine one turn pinstripe midway over each guide foot
Length: 8' 8"
Recommended grain window at 30ft: 202 - 218 GRAINS. 13 - 14 GRAMS
Recommended AFFTA line weight: #8
Length: 8' 8"
Action: Progressive / Fast
Butt Diameter: 12.26mm
Tip Diameter: 2.12mm
Rod Weight: 150 grams