Epic Fiberglass 686 6wt Blue w/ Fighting Butt - Black Aluminum Reel Seat. Fiberglass rods are the newest craze in the fly fishing world, and the Epic FastGlass fly rods are some of the very best! These Kiwi-built rods are some of the most versatile fly rods I've ever fished, and cast beautifully. Epic rods aren't the typical old-style, slow action fiberglass that many people are used to - these are powerful rods that can fish in any situation that a graphite rod can, and they're a ton of fun to fish as well. The Epic 686 is a very versatile fly rod, and makes a great all around big-river stick. My 686 gets a lot of use on the small streams of the Black Hills throwing larger terrestrials and streamers as well - I've found it to be a very versatile rod!
- This rod is in stock and ships USPS Priority 2-3 Day service. Orders placed before 4pm MST ship the same day.
Here's what Epic has to say about the features of their FastGlass Rods:
- FastGlass™ fly rod blank with internally reenforced ferule system
- Our world famous fiberglass rod tube.
- Premium hand sewn rod sock.
- cleaning cloth.
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip
- Epic reel seat in either black finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Premium quality stripper guides.
- Our signature Epic Ghost Wraps in premium Japanese silk with fine one turn pinstripe midway over each guide foot.
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #6
Total length: 2,580mm
ERN: (Unwrapped): 6.2
Optimal Grain Window: 140 - 175 Grains
Effective Line Range: AFTMA 5 / 6 / 7
Action: Progressive / Mid Flex / Medium Fast
AA: (Action Angle): 68° (Fast)
Blank Weight: 63g