This great pattern is very realistic and easy to tie. A great nymph pattern for the mid to late summer hatches of PMDs. We've had great luck during a PMD hatch fishing this fly as a dropper below a dry fly. Color and size can be altered to mimic other mayfly species, specifically baetis (aka BWO).
- Hook: Tiemco 3769 size 10-14
- Tail: Coq de Leon
- Thread: Olive 70 Denier Ultra Thread
- Ribbing: 4x Tippet
- Abdomen/Thorax: NS Emergence Dubbing
- Wing Buds: Black Stripped Goose Biots
- Wingcase: Yellow Razor Foam