Sage Fly Rods
Sage Trout Spey HD Fly Rod
Free Shipping on Orders Over $30
Sage Trout Spey HD Fly Rod - Trout Spey is now a common method for anglers searching for trout. Sage introduced the TROUT SPEY HD incorporating the latest rod building technology to work with modern trout spey lines. We have fished the Trout Spey HDs and were mightily impressed. The Sage Trout Spey HD is truly a premium trout spey rod that offers supreme casting feel, control, and distance.
Five models from 10’3” to 11’3” excel with a variety of Trout Spey lines currently offered in the 200-350 grain size range, and its action is designed for Skagit and Scandi style casting techniques with trout appropriate sized flies. The varied models in this family offer anglers more options to select appropriate sizes for each fishery (i.e. fly size, fish size, and environment), while the lengths allow closer retrievals of flies and fish as well as open opportunities in tighter quarters and the ability to cover water most effectively.
The TROUT SPEY HD has a conifer blank color highlighted with Dijon primary thread wraps and tan trim wraps. The Vera wood insert with down-locking reel seat combines nicely with the super plus, full-wells cork handle with decorative composite accent rings and a composite cork fighting butt. The hard-chromed snake guides and tip top and tangle-free, Fuji ceramic stripper guides round out the features.
Available in 1-4-weights in varying lengths, each model will come in a tan rod bag in a tactical green rod tube
Featuring KonneticHD technology and a new fast action, the TROUT SPEY HD series of rods bring ease to lightweight spey techniques. Five rods from 10’3” to 11’3” excel with a variety of spey lines that are currently offered in 200-350gr sizes. The TROUT SPEY HD rods are primarily designed for spey casting as opposed to Switch rod style actions previously captured within Trout Spey category and features an action designed for skagit and scandi style casting techniques with trout appropriate sized flies.
The TROUT SPEY HD action will improve upon the application with a more stable tip (a balance between stability and tippet protection) and a power adjustment to better handle Trout Spey specific lines currently on the market and the trend toward heavier lines. The added models in the series will give anglers more options to select appropriate sizes for their fishery (fly size, fish size, and environment), with a smaller 10’3” 3wt model designed to work well with the shorter spey heads that are extremely popular today. The two handed short-rod, short-head combination allows anglers to retrieve and fish flies much closer, opening up possibilities in tighter quarters and the ability to cover water more effectively.
Undeniably Trout Focused, Undeniably Fun.
- Swinging flies for trout
- Tailored to the latest developments in Trout Spey lines
- Ease of casting streamers
- KonneticHD Technology
- Conifer blank color
- Dijon primary thread wraps with Tan trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Vera wood insert with down-locking reel seat
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle with decorative composite accent rings
- Cork composite fighting butt
- Tan rod bag with Brown logo and model tag
- Tactical Green aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- RIO InTouch Trout Spey w/ 10ft Replacement Tips or VersiLeaders
- 1109-4: (Grains: 150 - 200gr) - Soft hackles, small streamers <1” , unweighted
- 2109-4: (Grains: 200 - 250gr) - Soft hackles, small to meduim streamers 1- 2”
- 3103-4: (Grains: 250 - 300gr) - Soft hackles, moderately weighted steamers 1 - 2”
- 3110-4: (Grains: 250 - 300gr) - Soft hackles, moderately weighted steamers 1 - 2”
- 4113-4: (Grains: 300 - 350gr) - Large streamers <3”