Sage Maverick Fly Rod - MAVERICK has been designed from the ground up with Konnetic Technology to be fine-tuned to the demanding needs of saltwater specific applications.
Sage’s new MAVERICK has been designed to maximize these quick-shot opportunities with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. With a true saltwater specific backbone and design, the MAVERICK is ready for any salty challenge thrown its way.
Sage Maverick Rod Features
Konnetic Technology - Pacific Blue blank color - Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps - Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides - Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top - Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate - Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper - Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt - Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag - Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
Sage Maverick Line Recommendations
- Primary: RIO DirectCore Species Specific Saltwater Lines
- All-Around: RIO DirectCore Flats Pro
Sage Maverick Models
- 690-4: Skinny water / Stealthy presentations for spooky fish
- 790-4: Skinny water / Stealthy presentations with added wind and fish fighting power
- 890-4: All-around saltwater tool and go-to bonefish rod
- 990-4: All-around saltwater tool for windier days and larger/heavier flies
- 1090-4: Fish-fighting power. Lightweight tarpon or heavy-duty permit applications
- 1190-4: Big flats species, lightweight offshore fishing, and go-to tarpon rod
- 1290-4: Big flats species and lightweight offshore fishing
- 1486-4: Offshore bluewater