The Humpy has been a staple of the attractor fly variety for a number of years, but the pulled-over deer hair in the back was always a weak point in the durability department. Enter the Foam Backed Humpy. Tie the underbody in a few different colors just to spice it up a bit. Easier to tie, more durable, and the fish still dig it just as much as the OG version!
Foam Backed Humpy Fly Tying Materials
- Hook:Standard Dry Fly – Tiemco 100 or Daiichi 1100
- Thread: 140 Denier UTC Tan
- Wing/Tail:Nature’s Spirit Humpy Deer Hair
- Back:2mm Tan Foam
- Body:Midge Diamond Braid Chartreuse
- Hackle:Whiting Brown Saddle Hackle