Echo Trout Fly Rod - There are few fish with a more diverse menu of preferred foods or living environments than trout. Sometimes, they require lightly presenting speck-sized midges to get a grab. At other times, you may find yourself tossing heavily weighted leeches on sinking lines. Designing a series optimized for every trout situation just isn’t going to happen. We can, however, make a rod well-suited to cast flies and lines of various sizes and densities in that “sweet spot” distance of 30-50 feet.
- To protect light tippets, we produced a fast action design with an ultra-sensitive tip section in the lighter weights.
- To help carry heavier sinking lines and meatier flies, the 6wt’s tip section has been strengthened to carry the load and lift more line when needed.
- Unlike our other series of rods, each size ECHO Trout model has a unique action suited to that rod’s typical application. All models are light in the hand to minimize fatigue and increase casting efficiency.
- The unique handle shape allows the angler to use the thumb on top grip, the finger on top, or extended finger grip. We chose an anodized aluminum reel seat to lessen the effort needed to maintain your gear and threw in a blue colored sliding hood that matches the thread wraps.
- They feature a semigloss finish to decrease “line stick” and are all four piece to make it easier to travel.
- Each includes a fabric- covered hard case.
- To cover every trout fishing situation, the rods come in a 7’10”#4, 9’0”#4, 9’0”#5, 9’0”#6, and 9’6”#6. For the 9’6” 6wt, we worked with top guides to dial-in the ideal length, power and action to optimize it for fishing with a nymph & indicator.