Looking for hooks for tying dry flies? Here are our top dry fly hooks. Dry fly hooks feature a lighter wire to keep the weight of the hook to a minimum and your fly floating high. Dry fly hooks are available in down eye or straight eye styles. In addition, dry fly hooks are available in a variety of hook shank lengths.
What dry fly hook to use:
- Standard trout dry flies- a down eye standard length dry fly hook. Examples: Tiemco 100, Daiichi 1100
- Parachute style dry flies- down eye standard length hook. Examples: Tiemco 100, Daiichi 1100
- If you prefer a shorter shanked hook for your parachute flies try the Tiemco 921
- Thorax style dry flies- down eye short shank dry fly hook. Example: Tiemco 921
- Straight Eye Dry Fly Hooks- Examples: Tiemco 101, Daiichi 1110