Midges are a staple in a trout's diet, especially throughout the winter and spring. This is a simple tie that catches a lot of trout! Tie a few in different colors and sizes to match your local midge hatch.
Adult CDC Midge Fly Tying Materials
- Hook: Daiichi 1100 size 18-22
- Thread: 70 Denier Danville Thread or Ultra Thread in Cream, Gray, or Black
- Abdomen: Nature's Spirit Fine Natural Dubbing cream, gray, or black
- Wing: Cul de Canard aka CDC in gray or white
- Hackle: Grizzly Saddle - Whiting Farms