Blue Winged Olives are one of the most commonly found insects in trout streams, and the fish sure do eat a lot of them. When the adults emerge, trout seem to get a sweet tooth for them. This is a nice, simple BWO dry fly pattern that fools fish consistently!
Blue Winged Olive Materials
- Hook: Daiichi 1100 or Tiemco TMC 100
- Thread: 70 Denier Olive Ultra Thread
- Wings: Dun Hackle Tips
- Tail: Coq de Leon Hackle Fibers or Dun Hackle Fibers
- Abdomen: Nature’s Spirit Fine Natural Dubbing to match natural
- Hackle: Dun Neck or Saddle Hackle