This is a cased caddis larva pattern tied in the Czech style. This nymph is tied on a jig hook with a slotted tungsten bead that causes it to bounce along the bottom with the hook point riding up. Cased Caddis patterns are very effective, especially in freestone streams. Fish this fly on point, with a smaller offering above it.
- Hook: Umpqua C400BL Size 10-14
- Bead: Slotted Tungsten Bead
- Thread: UTC 140 Denier
- Head: Hareline Dubbin Pearl Core Braid
- Collar: Whiting Brahma Hen or Partridge Feather
- Hackle for Case: Strung Brown Saddle
- Case:Hareline Dubbin Hare’s Ear Dubbing