A fly tying video demonstrating a simple and effective blood midge pupa. Featuring the Daiichi 1273 red hook.
- Hook: Daiichi 1273 size 16-18
- Thread: Ultra Thread 70
- Tail: White Spirit River Fluoro Fiber
- Rib: XS Copper Wire
- Thorax: Red Fine and Dry Dubbing
- Wingcase: Blood Red CDC
Bloodworms are extremely effective flies. They work well year round on most trout streams I fish. In the winter and spring months they account for a good share of the trout I catch. This simple to tie bloodworm works well in a czech nymphing rig.
- Hook: Umpqua C300bl Size 8-14
- Weight:Lead Tape
- Thread: Wapsi Ultra Thread 140 Denier Red
- Body:Red UV Chewee Skin