Tying the Fish Skull Articulated Minnow
The Fish Skull Articulated Streamer is an articulated streamer pattern tied with the new articulated shanks from Flymen. The articulated shanks can be used to join the trailing hook via the loop at the back of the shank. If you want a trailing hook that moves more freely, attach the trailing hook with nylon coated stainless steel wire or braided fishing line.
This streamer is tied to imitate a minnow, but this fly can be tied in several colors.
Learn how to tie the WD-40 nymph. A great fly for beginning fly tyers. This simple mayfly nymph imitation is a fish catching machine. Tie it in a variety of colors to mimic the small mayflies in your favorite rivers and streams.
- Hook: Tiemco 2487 Size 16-22
- Thread: Ultra Thread 70
- Tail/Wingcase: Coq de Leon
- Abdomen: Ultra Thread 70
- Thorax: UV Ice Dubbing
Craneflies are under represented in most fly angler’s boxes. In my local streams cranefly larva are incredibly effective, especially in the spring when water flows rise. This chewee skin pattern was first seen as an offering from Brookside flies. With the availability of chewee skin we started tinkering with the material and figured out how to tie it. Tie a half dozen of these and make room in your fly box for them; you will be glad you did.
- Hook: Daiici...
Fish Skull Skullp-Zilla Streamer
- Hook 1: Gamakatsu Octopus Hooks Size 4-8
- Hook 2: Mustad 3366 or similar arge eyed hook size 4-6
- Thread: Wapsi UTC 140 Denier Color to match body color
- Body: White Rabbit Strip (or color to match natural)
- Collar: Red Saddle Feather fluff, red marabou, or red guinea hen feather
- Wing: Grizzly Marabou
- Head: Fish Skull