Tying the Veevus Body Quill Jig Nymph
I first saw flies of this type in the book Fly Fishing and Fly Tying II – a book featuring flies and fishing techniques from the Czech Republic. When Hareline Dubbin recently began stocking body quills from Veevus, I was finally able to tie these flies. The use of different colored threads under the body quills creates myriad options and color combinations. In another video I will demonstrate the use of multiple colors of body quills to add a hot spot to the nymph.
Materials for the Veevus Body Quill Jig Nymph
- Hook: Barbless Jig Hook – Fly Tying Hooks
- Bead: Slotted Bead
- Thread: Hot Color- Orange, Red, Pink etc., 70 Denier, Body- Olive, Tan, Brown 70 Denier
- Tail: Coq de Leon
- Abdomen: Veevus Body Quill Color to match thread color scheme
- Underbody: Thread from above
- Dubbing Hotspot: Pink or Orange Hareline Ice Dub
- Thorax: Dark Natural Dubbing- Squirrel or Rabbit – Black, brown, olive etc.